Sunday, December 31, 2006

2000 and heaven*

Canon PowerShot SD400
Sept. 2005 (New York City) - Dec. 2006 (Paris)


This is what's left of my faithful companion. It died earlier today in the hands of a thief in the metro. My hero Jay went after him, made him run down the stairs and into a wall. The knocked-out criminal opposed no resistance when Jay searched him, but in his fall, he'd broken the camera. Thank God the memory card was intact and we were able to salvage its last images. Here they are.


We spent the afternoon at Seb and JP's, drinking tea and enjoying their incredible sound system. Bach, Chopin, Gnarls Barkley, The Wiseguys, E.S.T., who knows what else. A round, perfect sound, filled the beautiful room with our favorite songs. The Princess pictured above and Y were there with us.


Shaking it.


Yeah they were.



I am feeling a bit sad.
For my sweet godson, whose bursting appendix forced him to spend the night in the operating room. For the bruised hip and swollen ankle of the man who didn't think twice to kick some serious ass. For my camera, which I carried everywhere, ready to shoot anything that caught my eye. For the year that is just ending and was full of surprises, emotions and questions. Here's hoping 2007 will be the year of the "peace and quiet that we need to go back to work again."

There's a song that's playing as I'm writing. Found it on the soundtrack of François Ozon's 5x2. The movie itself is bad, but trying to resist Paolo Conte's voice is useless. Here's the scene.



Happy new year, everyone. Wherever you're celebrating. With all my love.

*Quoting YZ, who just told me she wanted to become a Dominatrix. Like, seriously. Not as a joke.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy new year Miss Paz!! Don't be sad, 2007 will be a great year. And don't worry for your camera, you'll find a better one. I'm sure you will remember this day not just for your dead camera, but for Jay, your superhero ;)
PS: And enjoy your hols, remember some people are back at work :(