Thursday, March 1, 2007

Uninspired entry

There's a tree outside my bedroom window that's totally out of it. Covered with tiny pink flowers, convinced it's spring. I don't blame it. Today for the first time, I had lunch on a bench at Square Ambiorix, listening to recently downloaded music in my spanking new iPod. Freezing cold and sunny. Lovely. That was after the guy at the sandwich place said "take away, as usual?" with a smile from ear to ear.

Couple of hours later, I received a surprise phone call from my stepdad. He was visiting Brussels and took me out for coffee. He's all excited, starting a new job in a couple of weeks, managing a development project in Ivory Coast. It's his thing, Africa, agriculture. Quite a character, my stepdad. Won't pay a dime to the government and doesn't believe in the "NGO mentality" that plagues EU delegations there. Was thinking it'd make a great story.

Still no inspiration.



Whoever said mobiles killed the phone booths couldn't have been more wrong. They're put to good use in London town.


"Valentine's day is for gay people, too." Brussels is, like, so open-minded.


Last, but not least, cookies that won't take anything for granted.


Love y'all later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i know you are uninpired my heart but it's this uninspired entry that made me laugh...it made me feel like you were right next to me...

i think that weekend we speak of in march maybe a go ahead. i think i'm going back to rh for a month which means that weekend will be PERFECT!..i can't imagine a better welcome back to cold harsh london than having my heart be there....